The last time our website has had a thorough update was in 2016. After years of using that website, it became clear that is was getting outdated and needed replacement. Just like machines, a website that gets older slows down.
Togehter with Secure Design Webdevelopment, we’ve taken a look what was required to upgrade our website to the year 2022. In order to achieve this, the following functions have been installed:
- A secure QR code page. This enables customers and mechanics to digitally read manuals, maintenance history and more;
- A search engine that can find every word on every page;
- The possibility to play banner videos at the top of the page.
In addition to these new features, alot of (technical) improvements have been implemented. This includes:
- A modern visual design;
- Better programmed pages, plugins and blocks. This makes the page load faster and makes it easier to implement changes;
- A better navigational structure;
- Clearer contact options;
- Lots of technical improvements making the website faster and more secure.
In a time where most people and companies are very active on the internet, a new website is a way to present Van Rijn to the outside world. We’re very happy with the result, and we hope our visitors are aswell!